Shinshusnow has everything you need to plan your trip to ski Japan’s mountainous Nagano prefecture this Winter. Nagano has multiple resorts and the options are endless: we are the most comprehensive online source of info for Hakuba, Nozawa Onsen, Shiga Kogen, Myoko Kogen and more.
- Recommended itineraries
- Must do activities
- Travel and luggage advice
- Ski resort info
- Hotel and accommodation links
- Rental and ski school reviews
- Cafe, restaurant and bar listings
- Weather/snow forecasts
- Event listings
- Job postings
- Daycare and babysitters
We also have a yearly charity photo competition with some great prizes, interviews with some pretty rad locals, write-ups on the numerous places of interest in the prefecture, rainy day activities for children, onsen tips, a basic Japanese language lesson, some history about the region…whatever you can think of. If we don’t have something you need contact us and we’ll get on it.
Ski Japan – Why Nagano?
The area hosted the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics and has some of Japan’s largest and most famous ski fields.
The photo to the left is taken on the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route in May. As you can see we get a fair bit of snow!
Some of the many reasons to visit include:
- A ridiculous amount of snow
- Multiple resorts with endless terrain
- Huge range of accommodation
- Excellent quality rental equipment
- English language ski schools
- Stunning scenery
- Bottomless powder
- Thigh-burning groomers
- Incredible backcountry
- Fantastic culture and community
Step inside and see what everyone is talking about, and make your trip to ski Japan the best Winter of your life – right here in Nagano, Japan’s powder paradise.
Owned and operated by long-term residents, Hakuba is our home ground. Always keen to visit new areas, we have spent years exploring resorts all over Nagano and beyond. Shredding with friends and family every day, visiting multiple ski-fields, getting to know all the terrain and making the most of Japan’s amazing snow and skifields…not much beats it. Read more about us here.
We utilise our experience, local knowledge and love for the region to build a complete info source for people planning to ski Nagano and the surrounding areas. If there’s something specific you’re after drop us a line via our contact page and we’ll make sure to get back to you.
Where to Next
Check out the Areas / Resorts page and start planning your trip today!
While we trust you can find everything you would ever want or need on our site, here are a few respected places for further opinions.
- SnowJapan has information on pretty much every ski resort in Japan
- Powderhounds have plenty of info about Japan ski resorts
- Hakuba Connect is an info site focused on Hakuba
- Ski Nagano Japan is an info site focused on Myoko and Nozawa Onsen